Thursday, June 26, 2008

Food Cravings

I've been told that fasting is supposed to re-balance your relationship to food, make you more aware of what you put in your body, but damn! Does it make me hungry and yearn after all sorts of things.

Maybe I like to torture myself, because one of my favorite past time whilst fasting is looking at menus.

Today, so far, I have been craving barbequed ribs (keep in mind I'm vegetarian and have been for nearly 8 years), pork chops, t-bone steaks, grilled cheese, all sorts of grilled paninis, eggplant parmesan subs, or really any sort of mixture of bread and cheese. Um...cheese. Cheese and apples, cheese and pears...cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese....

It is a little interesting to me that all the things I've been mostly craving are things I'm imagining going to a restaurant for...

Well, that's not entirely true, I did have a fierce craving for some pieroges and broccoli..

And pizza. Always pizza. I could eat a whole pizza right now...ummm...bread and cheese...


Popcorn and cheesy poofs are also two familiar cravings. Nachos and cheese...

Strawberry shortcake. Oh yeah.


I've been making plans on what/where I'm going to eat once I'm done fasting. Burgerville was on the top of the list, for some strawberry shortcake, fries and a shake...

Why is it that I want to immediately stuff my gullet with nasty food again?


Other than writing this post right now, I have been a complete waste of life today. Seriously. I've spent all day in my room. Mostly sleeping. Now I have an urge to get up and prepare my lunch for tomorrow (canoe trip on the Columbia Slough), but my roommate has friends over and I'm still in my pajamas! D'oh. And I have a bad case of bed head....what with all the lazing about.

I guess I should dress myself and (briefly) face the world outside of my room....

No comments: