Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Continuing Adventures in the Land Of UnEmployement.

And what a happy land it is!!

Today, incidentally also coincides with day 5 of my detox program. Although, I do have to admit, on day one I ate a piece of pizza and two (small) cheese sandwiches. AND day three I ate some cookies....and yesterday I ate the rest of the bread and cheese....(didn't want it to go to waste...).

Anyway, its the second time I've tried to do a detox; the first time being with my ex; utilizing the 'master cleanse' diet of lemon water, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. Ick. That didn't go well. I think I was toxed out, and didn't led up to it very well....this time I'm taking a gentiler approach...slowly detoxing for about a week (only eating a bit of fruit in the morning, then steamed vegetables and whole grains during the day; with plenty of liquid); then building up to a couple days of hard core fasting.

This morning I decided to do a salt water flush and (close your eyes if you don't like graphic descriptions of bodily functions) I've been peeing out my butt all day!! My stomach is kinda crampy and gurgly; probably from the massive amount of salt water I ingested (1 qrt), but all in all, I am feeling at least a little bit more clear headed.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to stick to fresh fruit and juices...wish me luck!!


Today I've also taken out some time to clean my apartment and work on me. I did a (very) little light yoga; and bemoaned my extremely tight hammies (biking + no stretching = bad), caught up a bit on my reading, did some journaling and took some time to think about my life and my broken relationship....focusing on trying to love myself. Its harder then you think. Or maybe you know. Why is that? I can get that soaring feeling of love for my neighbors, for humanity as a whole, for a new love interest (or an old one), but for some reason, when it comes to me....I don't feel that way- all I can see are my faults.

Detoxing to me is trying to break out of old habits, and I think of all my bad habits, the worse one I always fall into is beating myself up.

No comments: